Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Judo Camp for Blind Athletes

Hi folks,

Just a short blog posting to share a cool video with you. Click To Watch Video
Its footage of a Judo Camp held for blind Judo players out in colorado last weekend. No, this isn't Gracie Jiu Jitsu, but both David Adiv and Royler Gracie have very solid Judo games, to be sure.

I actuallly thought about attending this camp, but my schedule wouldn't permit it. Too bad, for my Judo does kind of suck, and lately, I've been working really hard on the feet to tighten up my grips, throws, and takedown defenses.

This video really manifests the philosophy of this blog--that being, a Martial Art like Judo or Gracie Jiu Jitsu really does put those of us who are blind on an equal playing field with our sighted training partners and opponents. Enjoy the video!

Respectfully,

Larry The LTrain

2 comments:

  1. Hi Larry,

    Out of curiosity, where did you hear about this camp and find the link? Are you a member of USABA?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure you can cross link the pictures to your blog. If you are interested in learning more about judo or USABA email me at my work address, media@usaba.org

    ReplyDelete